Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm Having Fun.....However.......

At this rate, I will be purging, tossing, sorting and shifting my 'new' studio space for the next couple of months.
 
I'm stumbling on items that I had totally forgotten about.  Just in one basket tucked at the side of a closet yesterday, I found...
this beautiful beaded antique bag.  It was packed in an old stationary box that I was about to turf, when I realized that there was something in the box.  I don't even remember when I got this bag, but am sure glad I found it! LOL
 

A ziploc baggie with these hanks of antique bugle beads and seed beads.  Such a pretty bronze colour!  Not sure why I got these or what I will do with them, but they certainly do appeal to my 'magpie' eye!


This tiny fabric covered matchbox sized box (again, I had no recollection what if anything was inside it).  Opened it up, and ....

nestled inside was an antique minature china doll's head.  So cute.
 

I'm totally surprised this was not in pieces.  Part of a wasp's nest that I (at some point in time) stuck in a baggie and then for some reason placed it in this basket - and promptly forgot about it.  I know at the time I found it, I had plans to do a woodland faerie piece and I will definitely have to revisit that!

 
I keep finding things that I totally forgot I had - an old 50s wedding gown, packed in a bag at the back of the closet; a bag of antique baby gowns that are basically trashed, but fabric and trims can be salvaged.  Some old bags of lace ...and this is all just from the bottom of the closet in the room I want to move into.
 
Has my self-created mess decreased at all?  No, not really, but I sure am having fun finding all this 'new' stuff!

8 comments:

Regina said...

Isn't it great finding our own lost treasures!! Yours are all so beautiful and do lend to some inspiration. ^_^ Thank you for sharing. Perhaps I should do some cleaning of my own...Hmmmmm!!! LOL

Hugs

Unknown said...

Wow, you are like me with the "Magpie Eye"--I find stuff like this all the time, which is a good and bad thing..it's like the mass space of the things I have NEVER decreases!!

Tryny Teichert said...

Do I see myself described somewhere? hahaha. I kind of do the same. I remember when I moved from Holland I had so many stuff I didn't remember I ever got, so... my pile of boxes to carry grew and grew each day.
I know the feeling and it is fantastic to find old things that you had forgotten, because you all time can get new ideas, is like opening the pandora box.
I love that purse Sue!! Isn't it wonderful you found it?
Hugs

Sea Gypsy said...

Hi Sue,
I had to do a little catching up on your blog, but so glad to see you back. I am glad you and your daughter are doing good. I got a kick out of seeing the cave room. I have one of those! lol. Love all the treasures you are finding. A big job you are doing. Just think of the turtle, slow and steady and you will get it all done.

BumbleVee said...

I did my curio cabinet yesterday...well, I'm not finished yet. I washed all the glass inside and out....the shelving..the mirrored backing.... it took hours. Today I put all the trinkets and little bears and dolls back into it..... they are spread all over the coffee table..a chair..under the coffee table...etc....then I'm moving on to vacuuming drapery panels... dusting wood rods... etc...and maybe... next week.... I'll take a peek into my crafting space. no time this week...

Boy... you have a huge task ahead of you...I can definitely see that. But... what fun finding all those old things....

Maybe they will spark the good ol' creative juices ....

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhh makes me want to purge, but doubt I would find any treasures like these! Awesome purse, The doll head made me swoon and an old wedding dress... if only!! Have fun !!
Hugs Lynn

Marcie Hart - A Work Of Hart said...

Had to laugh at all your findings...I have done the same thing. Always fun to stumble upon a forgotten treasure. Sometimes...it sparks a new idea for the item from its original intent. Have fun! ;-)

Vicki/Jake said...

AWW yes, forgotten treasures. Like a fun walk down memory lane...all over again:) There's a reason you didn't toss them out the first time...